Monday, January 30, 2012

New Jewelry Piece Coming Soon!

When you are a designer, or like me, an "Up and STILL trying to come" designer, ideas seem to block themselves out of your head sometimes! For example, get a blank piece of paper to draw on and a pencil... what are you going to draw and make it look wonderful? Any ideas. Now do that 30 times... there's when the mental block comes in!

Fortunately, I have a pretty cool new item that I will be creating as soon as we get this stinkin house moved out of and cleaned... which will be today and tomorrow. I will be making... dum dut da dum...... Painted Pendants. Not just any painted pendants. Pendants the size of scrabble tiles, with teeny tiny watercolor paintings that will be miniature yet EXPRESSIVE! Sometimes we all want to expressive our inner passions, but the retail world seems to be constricted in a box. A box that I, for one, do not live in nor do I ever want to. Why have constrictions on your passions? (and yes, you can have more than one passion. I'm proof of that!)

To make tiny watercolor pendants, you have to paint a miniature painting on watercolor paper, seal that for protection, decoupage it onto a blank bezel, and cover it with a hardening glaze. Then, glue a bezel on the back, attach it to a chain, and VIOLA! Then, you have a beautiful painted pendant necklace that expresses you! Here is an example (I did NOT make this one!)




Those were painted by some pretty talented artists, because you can imagine how challenging it is to paint on something smaller than a quarter and make it look like anything other than a blob of paint!

For Christmas, I received FOUR amazing art kits, and I love them all. In one of the sets, I received a full set of watercolor paints and pencils, which I've grown to love! It's hard to manipulate the water to create exactly what I want, but the challenge is the fun part!

I painted one pendant myself. Here's how it turned out... but it was with acrylic paint.

That's like my third one... but we will leave out the other two that I "practiced on" before I got a set of tiny model car paint brushes. Blob of paint... that would definitely describe them!

I've been searching for ideas to paint on the new items, and here's what I have so far:
1. Monogram/Initials
2. Baby Bump/ Pregnant Mommy
3. Chef/ Cupcake pan
4. Snake dangling from a tree
5.Anything Awareness
6. Medical Alert
7. Flowers with falling petals (like my big painting)
8. Polka dots
9. RIP/ Memory
10. Just Married
11. Bride/Bridal Party
12. Cake on a cake stand
13. Rainbow
14. Colors for Christ
15. High Heel Shoe
16. Chair on beach
17. I'm a Christian
18. I'm a Child of God
19. Mom/Grandmother/Sister
20. Pink Browning Symbol
21. Chinese Symbols
22. Foreign Language Sayings
23. Animal Print
24. Mustard Seed
25. Whimsical Theme
26. Damask Print
27. Camera
28. Occupations
29.  True Love Waits
30. I'll Wait For You
31. Military

See, I need more ideas! And I'm not talking about writing those words... those are merely theme ideas. I want to paint symbols and pictures of something that represents those things. I really need more suggestions, and more than that, I need you to buy one! Remember, ALL of the profits go toward my "Race to Erase MS" Fundraiser that I'm holding right now, so you will be helping out a great cause! Each necklace will be $20 (the supplies are kind of expensive... and I actually want to be able to raise money for MS). For more information or to submit ideas of a necklace you would like to see (NO obligation to buy, Ideas welcome!), either comment at the end of this entry or go to my facebook account and comment by clicking on the link below. 


I LOVE to paint, but my house is being overrun with paintings! So, I'm going to start doing mini's! Here is my most recent painting!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!