Wednesday, February 01, 2012

We're Moved Out... But Not In!


NONE of these pictures were taken by me or of my house. They were downloaded from the internet search.

Well, after a while of hearing me gripe and moan about packing and moving and packing and packing... we're finally OUT of our house. Now, notice that I did not say that we are moved INTO our new house, yet. Currently, I'm writing as I sit in the middle of Scott's mom's king size bed, because we had to stay the night with her last night... and probably tonight too. Thankfully she allowed my parade of pets to stay here too as long as they stayed in the bedroom.



Did I mention that when we moved, we also downsized. A LOT! I mean, we went from a from a 3 bedroon, 2 bath, walk in closet, decent sized laundry room, about a 1400 square foot house to a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, teeny tiny closet, walk-by laundry room (as you walk down the hall, about 800 square feet at the most. It's like a minature model home.  I keep telling myself that we're just here until we save more money and get my medical bills and stuff more affordable. That's what I Say over and over.

We moved here to live closer to Scott's kids, so we could attend school and sport activities much easier. We were living about 2 hours from them, now we're 20 minutes. So that should tell you that we moved 2 hours away from home. My home anyway. Needless to say, I spent most of the day yesterday bawling my eyes out because I had to leave my family and friends. But, I will see my family and frends the same amount of time as I did when I lived in Tallassee, because no one really drove that far very often either.



Our family and our marriage needed this move and the extra time it will give us to spend together by cutting down on driving time. It's for the best, but I'm having a rough time adjusting during this time of transition while we're moved out, but not moved in.



The last few days were really hectic, so we moved things without having the time to go through them. And as you can imagine, I've accumulated a LOT of craft supplies in our old house, and guess where they are... in our tiny new living room. It looks like a moving company came and threw up boxes all over our house and turned it into a hoarders space. I can't put anything on the couch, because all of our hanging clothes are on there and I can't get to the closet to put them in, because so many boxes and bins are in the way. It is totally suffocating, and I would give anything for a professional organizer to come in and help me.



But with that not being an option, I'm about to set out in my Alabama Pajama Pants, Old gym t-shirt, and my just woke up Bruno Mars hairstyle (because we didn't pack any more clothes and mine are buried on our couch), and I'm praying for a miracle as I go sift through and unpack. I'm not kidding, I actually said a prayer this morning that God would help me today and give me guidance, patience, and the perseverence to keep unpacking and not quit when I'm exhausted... It's that serious.



I would love to make enough progress that  could actually stay there tonight with Scott... please say that same prayer for me. PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!