Thursday, February 16, 2012

NO INTERNET!!


So, all I have to say is, "AAAAaaaaRRRRGGGHHHHUUUGGGHHH!!!" (FYI: That's me throwing my hands up, screaming in frustration)

I have been without internet at our new house for two weeks.  TWO WEEKS! When you make money by selling jewelry and other items online, TWO WEEKS without the internet is like two years. Even as I write this, we still do not have the internet, but I am fortunate to be able to use the internet at Scott's mom's (Gran) house when I drive over.

The Comcast guy came today to install our cable and internet, and I was so impatient awaiting his arrival (from excitement). Unfortunately, about thirty seconds into his visit, he said that he was pretty sure we are unable to hook up hi-speed internet or cable, because of how far out we live. He measured the yard with this little wheel counter thing, made a quick call, and said his technician would have to come back tomorrow and do his own measuring or something along those lines. Ultimately, the only thing I heard was that he would not be connecting my internet today. I think I could have cried.

I don't know why, but lately I have been lacking in the motivation department. Motivation to finish unpacking, motivation to paint, motivation to make jewelry... pretty much no motivation to do anything at all. I think it has to do with the medication I'm taking to keep me awake, because it is not strong enough to really do that effectively. Fortunately, tomorrow my new prescription will be arriving in the mail, and it will be for a brand new drug to try to keep me awake. I'm praying wholeheartedly that it helps bring me back to normal! I'm ready to be awake again, and motivated to be CREATIVE and PRODUCTIVE!

New news!!  I'm going to be having a tiny little surgery in a few weeks.  Nothing major, just a laproscopy through my belly button to snoop around in my belly and I'm having my bladder stretched to try to limit the pain from my Interstitial Cystitis, a painful bladder syndrome. The good news is I've had this surgery before, in 2004. I've actually had my bladder stretched in 2004, 2006, 2009, and now in 2012, and it only takes a day or so to get over the effects of surgery. The bad news is I'm having the laproscopy again, and this keeps me down for a few more days after surgery, but at least I'll be at home! 

Most people have anxiety about surgery. Me, I actually look forward to it (or I have so far...).  There's this moment when they have you hooked up to the IV and they say something to the effect os, "Now you're going to go to sleep, and we'll see you when you wake up." and every time I try my hardest to stay awake, but you just can't beat that feeling with you literally feel like you are sinking off to sleep. Then, "BAM!" this strange nurse is standing over you, trying to wake you up, as she tells you that surgery is over and everything is fine. And that's the point where I always lose all control and start talking out of my head from the medication. We're not even going to get into what all I've said during this part!

So, nothing major, just a minor surgery. And I think that's about it. We're moved. Still unpacking. Not quite organized, but I'm on the road there. Living in a tiny home with a lazy chihuahua and a feisty cat. Trying to figure out what to do next. Talk to you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!