Friday, July 22, 2011

Kidney Stones... devilish.

Well, guess what? I think I have the dreaded kidney stones again. (Stupid Mountain Dew!) I am a magnetfor kidney stones, and I do believe God is preparing me for labor one day.


The pain it causes in my back feels like someone took a baseball bat and whacked me about 6 inches below my bra strap. 


Lucky for me, I'm quite used to pain and I have a very high tolerance. Well, I should explain that: I have a VERY high tolerance for pain that I cannot see, such as a migraine, stomach ache, kidney stones, stomach ulcers, etc. I have a very low tolerance for the pain caused by the much more life threatening things, like ant bites, paper cuts, knicks from shaving my legs, etc. You know, those things that bring that teeny tiny drop of blood to the surface of your skin... the almost invisible drop of blood that makes my knees go weak. Yes, I can do an autopsy on a zillion people, but I freak out when I cut myself. Or when people that are ALIVE cuts theirselves.

Unfortunately, yes this includes the kids and their "kid-ly scrapes and knicks." Izzy somehow got the tender area of skin between her index finger and thumb caught in this little plastic thing the other day to get me to help her get her skin "un-caught." Poor thing, she was trying to be so tough, barely crying  at all, and when I saw it I think I turned stark white. I took off running to the bathroom where Scott was showering, freaking out WAY more than Izzy was, and I half shouted, "Scott, get out of the shower now! Izzy hurt her hand!"  You should have seen his face when he saw what I was talking about.

He gently reached down and gave the plastic toy one swift tug and WA-LA... the toy slipped free. They both looked at me like I had lost my mind, because I was dangerously close to passing out. I don't do LIVE people being hurt, whether it is myself or someone else. I can't help it, so I guess Scott has to be the nurse in this family.



While I believe I have a kidney stone(s), I do not believe it has passed. I found the lovely inspirational chart below to motivate me not to be a weenie, a job which is rare for me. But a wimpy weenie I am when it comes to kidney stones, because I get at least one a month. How did I get so lucky?




So, I am about to take my wonderful medicine and ease off into a sleepy dream. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!