Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Videos of Life... Enjoy!

Over the past day or so, I have shared with you the struggle I have been facing lately with Mrs. Bonnie. I've told you the good, the bad, and the sad. Today as I have sat here thinking about the words in my other posts, second guessing if I should have been so honest, I decided to send in a final entry today with more of an explanation through the songs of others. A final "Feeling Sorry For Myself" entry, so maybe you will truly get what she brought to my life. I have saved video after video and watch them over and over, each one reminding me of Mrs. Bonnie in some way. I am going to share them with you now...  Enjoy!

The first video is "Journey On" by Ty Herndon, featuring Kevin Turner. Mrs. Bonnie LOVED this song. As the preacher stated in her eulogy, she thought this song was written just for her. When we talked on the phone, she would tell me that whenever I had a really bad day and I felt like I just couldn't go on, listen to this song as I watch Kevin Turner in the video. This song was written for anyone who struggles, and I also claim this song as well... It hits home.  (This song was the last song played at her funeral and it covers me in chills each time I hear it.)



 Kevin Turner, who played eight seasons in the NFL for the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles, has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, otherwise known as ALS. Kevin and I both started this journey in the same month, May 2010, so he holds a precious place in my heart as well. Hearing his story and watching this video makes me thankful that God chose MS for me, because I don't know if I would be as strong as Kevin is.



But you know what? Think about my story and how I may appear to be so strong and tough at times, just as Kevin does, and remember that his dark nights are even darker than you could ever realize. The pain in his heart from his world being turned upside down must weigh heavier than we will ever know. Even if you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Kevin or especially if you have, head on over to his website by clicking the link below and send him a little message that he will be able to read that will brighten his day just a bit.

http://kevinturnerfoundation.org/

 You never know, today could be one of those hard days for him too. I know from my own experience that knowing someone took a few seconds to send you a few words of encouragement will mean the world to him! Also, please put him front and center in your prayers, because that's always number one!  When you are diagnosed with a disease and the doctor looks at you and says, "We don't know how your disease will progress, because it is different with everyone. You may or may not be in a wheelchair, but we can't predict that. We just have to wait and see." When you hear this, there is something that comes alive inside you, a desire to fight. Now you often fight yourself, but you also learn to fight hard against this invisible demon... We are all fighters. I hope this video pulls at your heart... then listen to what it tells you. This is powerful. (Don't forget to come back and watch the other videos!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUYF8wFchI&ob=av2n

The second song is by Whitney Houston and the song is called "I Look To You."  I will never forget the first time I heard this song, because I thought her voice was so powerful and smooth, and I couldn't help but stop what I was doing and listen to every sound. I think this is a very beautiful song, and this was how I felt about Mrs. Bonnie... Now, This is my song with God. Losing Mrs. Bonnie has forced me to LOOK TO GOD for guidance. This song gives me chills every time I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pze_mdbOK8&ob=av3e

The next song is so so special to me for one special reason... You know when you get married and you say the "I Do" part? As in the usual, "I Do" promise to love you through sickness and in health til death do us part? Well, when my special husband said his "I Do," he also silently said every single word in this next song. He continues to say it through his actions each day as he walks in from work, just by going through this tiring journey with me.  Several times, Mrs. Bonnie told me that her husband, Mr. Donald, did the same for her. Her exact words were, "When my husband said "In sickness and in health." boy he sure meant those words, and he's been right by my side from day one!"  If that doesn't tell you how much she appreciated and loved him, and also how incredibly much he loves her, I don't know what will. Now you can hear those words...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fqPcnuVPR8&ob=av2n


And for the final song, a little bit more upbeat. I have told you several times that Mrs. Bonnie was a little bitty lady with a powerful presence. When I was a whiny baby to her, wimpering about how bad I felt, she gave me all she had. She gave me her support, her love, and her own personal story with MS. What she did NOT give me was Pity, nor did I ask that of her. She was the one who told me that I better get to living now, while I still can use the health I do have. This is probably the song that reminds me of her the most, and the most listened to song of mine. This song encourages me, and I cannot even tell you how "Mrs. Bonnie" this song is...  Every bit of advice in this song passed through her lips at least once during our long conversations!  She's STILL telling me this advice everyday in the words she left me with~! This is the song that keeps me going and I love it!!  Pay attention to the second verse... It is the most accurate.   ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PZNth9UUOk

Now with an ending as positive as that, I'm gonna get to living now... First things first: Unloading the Dishwasher. Ugh.
Until Our Next Therapy Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!