Thursday, July 21, 2011

Make Up and Mud Very First Monthly Jewelry Contest Information!!!


Hello Everyone! If you have been following my status updates, you have seen that lately I have been hinting around about Make Up and Mud Boutique's upcoming contests.  Well, here is the official information about our first contest starting next week!! Yay! (Can you tell that I am just a little bit excited?!)


 Make Up and Mud Boutique will be kicking off our very first weekly contest this coming Monday, July 25.

I decided to start holding contests for many reasons. The reason for this specific contest is that I often find myself becoming bored while listing new jewelry with titles like "Beautiful Ruby Red Earrings" or "Sparkly Crystal Silver Bracelet."  Everything I create has a special story or originates from something in my heart, so a generic title just doesn't seem to give my designs personality or meaning like I hope for. I want my jewelry to always make a "statement" for the person who wears each item, a beautifully unique statement.


As a quirky solution to my "Jewelry Title Slump," I have decided to follow the rising new trend of individually naming each new item of jewelry or jewelry line. I love this idea, because there are absolutely no limits when it comes to naming something you design.  I know I will have such a fun and creative time thinking of catchy names, but I also want to include my customers and friends in that process as well! I can imagine that after I name 50 pairs of earrings, I just may want (need) your help and creativity to cause a spark in me! Now, here is an incentive from me to get your crafty juices flowing... 

WHAT TO EXPECT:
  • At the beginning of every week, I will upload a picture of one new item of jewelry to an album in my Make Up and Mud Boutique on facebook. The title of the album will be, "Name This Jewelry!" For that entire week, I want you to think of catchy names and post your new name idea or ideas in the comment section for that week's picture. The contest will run for an entire week, and on the next Monday I will announce the lucky winner and the winning name they submitted from the week before. Then, I will upload another un-named piece of jewelry and the contest will start over again for that week. And so on.

HOW TO WIN: 
  • The winner of the contest will be the person who submits the most "fitting" and unique name for the jewelry up for grabs that week. The judge of the contest will be me, yours truly, but I will definitely run my top favorite names by a few unnamed people to get other opinions before I make the final choice each week.



THE PRIZE:
  • The winner will receive a gift of the jewelry they just named (free shipping of course), a 30% discount on any remaining items in that matching set, and 10% off all other jewelry in Make Up and Mud Boutique.
  • For example, if the newly named item is a necklace, the winner will receive the necklace as a gift, and IF there is a matching ring, bracelet, or pair of earrings, they will also receive 30% off and FREE SHIPPING on those items as well. If you choose not to purchase the matching items then you still get to enjoy your free jewelry gift!
  • Occasionally jewelry pieces will not have matching items in a set.
  • There will be weeks where I post just one pair of earrings to be named, and other weeks I may post an ENTIRE collection... You just never know!

CONTEST INFORMATION AND RULES:
  • First and foremost, you must "LIKE" our page first (obviously).
  • You can only win one piece of jewelry per month.
  • There is no limit to the number of submissions you can make each week. The more entries you make, the more of a chance you have to win!
  • Please keep the names simple, around 1-3 words.
  • Be Creative! Use your imagination! Let your surroundings inspire you!
  • All winning jewelry for each week will be mailed at the end of each month. This will give each winner the opportunity to view any new jewelry added to my collections throughout the remainder of the month. If you decide to make an additional jewelry purchase from Make Up and Mud, you will receive 10% off those items as well, along with the included FREE SHIPPING. 
  • Do NOT submit anything using profanity, vulgar names, or anything that may be perceived as offensive. This is supposed to be fun!
I have to write the rules just in case there are some goofballs who submit offensive names or do not cooperate. But, seriously guys, you know that I am still just Chelsea. Sometimes I feel like I have to sound "Official" when I write descriptions, and that can take the fun out of this. That's another reason why I think we all will enjoy this contest: It will give me a fun way to interact with my friends and customers, and you will have a frequent opportunity to win free jewelry. I think that's a win for us both!

I am excited about the contests, because it gives me another way to explore creative outlets. I am throwing around an idea of having an Auburn and an Alabama winner of a specially designed gift basket in September to kick off the most exciting sport in Alabama: FOOTBALL. I think a gift basket to prepare you for tailgaiting with little items like Team Earrings, Tumblers, a tailgaiting sign, etc would kick off those tailgaiting parties in a fun way.


What do you think about thatidea? Do you think it would be a good idea? Can you think of any items that would be neat to win? I would love to have more imput about what you would like to see in my boutique, because I'm not getting very much feedback. Regardless of the discouraging factor for myself, I can't make exactly what you want if you do not let me know!... And I can make TONS of things!



Anyway, let me know what you think about the contests, and definitely toss any ideas that you may have my way. Thanks for everything, and thank you to the people who are supporting me! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!