Friday, April 27, 2012

Never Play With Scissors... Warning: NASTY Photo!

I had a "Crafting Injury"... I accidently stabbed myself in the leg! I have this small pair of sewing scissors that I use when I have to cut small pieces of paper, mainly because of their compact size. The only thing is, they are REALLY sharp!

Well, today I was sitting indian style in the floor, pricing my necklaces for my craft show tomorrow, and I decided to stand up for a minute. Well, I must have been moving too fast, because as I started to rise up I felt the scissors go into my leg. And I froze. When I looked down, the scissors were hanging out of my leg!

For those who do not know, I can handle anything in a morgue, crime scene, gruesome stuff, just about anything you can throw at me about death... but I CANNOT handle live people bleeding and hurting! Especially myself.

Needless to say, I stood there for a few seconds, my body completely cold, trying to not pass out and work up the nerve to pull the scissors out, and finally I just yanked them out. And this is what I was left with after a few seconds of blood GUSHING out. (Ok, so it was more like a trickle, but that's not the point).


Needless to say, I'm giving myself permission to be a little dramatic about this. I was home alone, stabbed myself in the leg with miniature scissors, pulled the scissors out of my own leg, grabbed my phone to take a necessary picture for proof of my incredibly traumatic experience, and then cleaned my own craft battle wounds...

All in all, I think I'm going to live. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!