Tuesday, December 20, 2011

MOVING SALE: Our House NOW!

Hello again! I have an idea that I hope to turn into an opportunity, but I'll need your help with that!


First of all, We are MOVING! Yes, we're moving to Valley, Alabama in January. We live in Tallassee now, and we were living here, because it was half way between my work and Scott's work. With me not working now, it seems crazy for Scott to drive this whole way home. Also, we will be moving twenty minutes away from Izzy and Evan (Scott's Kiddo's), so making it to ball games and practices will be so much easier when we live only minutes away.


Those are the good things about the move. The Bad? Well, we're EXTREMELY downsizing and moving into a smaller place, so that we can save a little extra money to build a house in the future and pay off my existing and future medical bills (MRI's are EXPENSIVE)! Needless to say, we are going to be getting rid of a LOT of things that we have in our house now.


When we got married, we held on to what we both had before, and we combined that with our new wedding gifts... which means multiples like 4 crockpots, 3 camera cases, an extra king size mattress and box springs, end tables, decorations, etc. We have WAY too much stuff where we are now, much less where we are moving to.


Where you come in: We are planning on having a yard sale, but I'm having a little difficulty with this. I'm going to be getting rid of a lot of things that I've held on to, because they are important to me or just because they are just plain nice. And when you're cleaning out your home, it's hard to part with items that you like when you imagine random hagglers dumping it in their house. It's not junk to me. And it's too cold to have a yard sale right now anyway.


So here's the plan: Anyone who is interested in anything is more than welcome to come to our house and go through the stuff we are getting rid of. Yard sale prices still apply, but I will feel a LOT better if I know that someone I know is going to actually appreciate what they're getting, AND I'm much more likely to get rid of a LOT more if someone is in front of me actually wanting it.

I'm also "DE-STASHING" my craft room as well, so all you crafters come on over!!

Here is an idea of the stuff we have for sale:



A Parker Challenger Compound Bow, BRAND NEW arrows and arrowheads (still in box), MANY accessories, hard case uncluded, used twice! (Paid over $425)





Yamaha TTR125L Dirtbike 2007, very well maintained, low riding time, new back tire, kept in garage

ALL of my dirtbike accessories, including my helmet, roost, boots, pads, etc

Picture Frames

Candle Holders

Floral Arrangement Items (including flowers from Hobby Lobby-Never used)

Craft Bird Houses

Pots and Pans

Dishes

TONS of clothes (Sizes 3-7 Juniors, and 2-5 Womens) NICE and well maintained... I just don't work, so I don't need as many nice work outfits. Also have nice coats and jackets.

Womens Shoes (Size 5-6) some hardly worn or not worn at all

Purses (Some not used ever)

Closet Hanging Organization Bin

One desk

End Tables

MANY books

Bags and Beach Bags

Wood Router (never opened)

Wood Jigsaw (Black and Decker) with blades (used once for 2 minutes)

Stuffed Animals

Kids clothes (girls size 6-8, boys size 5-7)

Kids Toys (Some never opened)

Ornaments (TONS, Some brand new)

Mens Clothes (Medium-XL)

Organizational Baskets and Bins

Wooden Signs

Wall Decor

Housewares

Glass Cake Stand (we got a beautiful one for our wedding- this one is our old one-perfect condition)

DVD's

Paris Bathroom Decor Set-Up (We use it now... just no room for it)

Pet Items

2 kids rocking chairs

1 tiny toddler rocking chair

2 old charcoal grills

Kitchen Stuff

2 brand new baseball bat bags

TONS of makeup (some never used... was too dark for me)

Make-up Cases (mostly Estee Lauder)

exercise equipment

lamps


1 king size new bed frame

2 twin boxsprings

1 king size mattress


one wooden floor baby bassinett that rocks

Thomas Kinkade Painting



Laundry Hampers

MUCH MUCH MORE



The options are endess... We literally have bins and bins of clothes to get rid of, mostly mine. If anyone wants to just take a day to ride out (It's 30 minutes from Montgomery) and look, you're more than welcome to. I'm home almost every day, and I won't hover over your shoulder! I'm sure that if you found something you liked, I'd be much more willing to part with it if you were here than if it was online. I love my stuff... but it's time to move on and start fresh!!



Just send me a message!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!