Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Make Up and Mud Boutique Name Change Coming Soon!

 Guess what? Make Up and Mud Boutique will be changing names in the very near future! When I chose Make Up and Mud, I anticipated that I would sell a few things here and there, and that would be it. Little did I know, I'm starting to sell more and more (Thank YOU GOD for watching over me!)

Make Up and Mud came from my husband, Scott. We were brainstorming names, and he said that I like to wear make-up but I'll be knee deep in mud five minutes later, so Make Up and Mud just seemed to fit. And for some reason the luster it once had is rapidly wearing off.

Number 1: Quite often people say it backwards: Mud and Makeup.
B: It seems to cause more confusion than necessary, and it is a difficult name to remember.
And 4: I'm just ready for a new start.

So, let's brainstorm new names. Here are a few facts about me that may help you help me come up with a new name:
  • My name is Chelsea
  • I design Jewelry, vintage jewelry boxes, and upcycled housewares.
  • I live in Alabama
  • I have always wanted to own a Funeral Home or Funeral Parlor
  • I love vintage items, and I am planning on gearing my items more toward the shabby chic/cottage chic/vintage flair look
So what do we have? Now remember, in the future there is a slight chance that I could *possibly* own my own real shop in a real building one day, so when you're thinking of names, picture it written on some girly shop sign on the front of the shop. Also, if I ever do get to open my own shop in the FAR future, I would love to offer a place for other artists and designers to display and sell their work as well as offer classes and workshops for painting and jewelry designing. So, keep this in mind.

I was thinking that I could keep it simple, and the only name that keeps coming back to me is:
Chelsea's Parlor
Now I know that I will never own my own funeral home, and old, old funeral homes were called parlors, but they utterly fascinate me (which explains why I used to work in one.) I want to keep a little piece with eme without scaring off people who think I'm gothic or something. And homes have parlors, not just funeral homes. I don't know, PARLOR just sounded vintage-y to me.

My shop will be online only for as far as I can see right now... but If I'm already wishing I had chosen a different name, imagine how I would feel a few years from now. I'm ready to change it while I haven't gotten myself too deep!

Please help me come up with something or let me know what you think about my suggestion!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!