Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kim Kardashian Flour Bombed... Impressive.

I don't usually randomly post about celebrities, but I just had to pick at this one!



Did you hear that Kim Kardashian was "Flour-Bombed"? Literally, some idiot protester threw a bag of flour at Kim while she was walking down the red carpet to a West Hollywood Launch Party to promote her new perfume. According to findlaw.com, the woman responsible "detained by police" for something like assault and battery for the "unwanted physical contact" and later released because... GET THIS: Kim Kardashian is NOT going to press charges! Does that strike anyone as odd besides me? (I'm still wondering how this crazy lady got close enough to Kim Kardashian AND to the red carpet in general to even think about throwing flour at someone. It's not like it sails through the air easily... I guess security isn't all that secure everywhere.)

First of all, I would expect Kim to press the MAX charges to raise her celebrity status just a hair higher. Remember, we're talking about one of the most DRAMATIC stars in Hollywood, and she didn't just get Punk'd on her way to get her hair done. She was FLOUR BOMBED, in front of HUNDREDS, in an act that would soon be shared with the entire world. I would have thought Kim would have done her fake-crying bit, "accidently leaking" reports for the next few weeks about how traumatized she was from the incident and how her family is trying to recover from such devastation through therapy, yoga, and twitter.

Sometimes when I'm mentally thinking back on high school memories, I'll think, "I'm so glad I didn't do something completely humiliating in front of everyone and I somehow managed to go four whole years relatively free of bad memories." (I shudder when I read how bullying has exploded with the internet and web interaction... horrible. Anyway, this little "Flour Bomb" incident would rank up top on my list of "Things That Would Make Me Freak Out" on someone.



Second, I have to give Kim props for keeping her cool and coming up with some comment like, "Like I said to my make up artist, I wanted more powder!" 

You know how earlier I called Kardashian dramatic? Well, you haven't seen dramatic until you see what I would do if this happened to me. I would have looked absolutely psychotic, because I know without a doubt that I wouldn't immediately think, "Oh, no big deal... It's just a little flour" but more like, "AAAARRRRrrrhggghhh, (SHRIEK), I've been COCAINE bombed."



A bit DRAMATIC... maybe, but you have to admit, it DOES look a little like what they use as cocaine in the movies. Would I be naive enough to truly think come coke dealer had just wasted a million $$$ bucks to cover me with gobs of cocaine just for the heck of it? Absolutely, because I wouldn't be thinking about the street value of cocaine at the time. I'd be freaking out trying to get the "drugs" out of my hair and off my skin before it miraculously seeped into my bloodstream and I overdosed or something.

Kim was calmly ushered inside so her mom could help her "brush off her jacket" and "flip her hair" to shake the flour out. I would look like someone who had a zillion wasps trapped underneath my clothes, moving all around, flopping and wigging out. I'm sure the paparazzi could get in a few priceless photos before someone realized that I thought I was covered in cocaine and they managed to calm me down enough to let me know that it was just a little Martha White not 5 pounds of Aunt Nora (yes, I had to google the "Street Name Of Cocaine" to find a similar slang word to go with the flour name. Again... I'm not up on my drug lingo.)

All in all... Kim K, you're a better trooper than I would be. I guess you're not as much of an idiot as Jon Hamm thinks you are. "Knowing the difference between flour and cocaine... You get an A+ in Narcotics Trivia. (Here's a quick video of the news report...KimK Flour Video.)

I'm sorry, but I just had to add this picture. Is anyone else surprised that they use such a dinky vacuum cleaner on the red carpet? I mean, I know they weren't expecting cooking ingredients to be scattered around, but I guess I would've thought they would have something a little less, I don't know, 1990's to maintain the shag. Bissell. Wal-mart. Look It Up.


UPDATE: I was just about to post this when I read another article about how Kim "is considering" pressing charges to let people know that this will not be tolerated and is unacceptable. I don't want to have to go re-write the above info, especially when no one really knows if she will or if she won't. Either way, Kim K got flour bombed (Now thought possibly to be related to PETA. Hmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!