Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Halloween Crafts!

 As I said earlier, we had a Halloween Party at the house recently. When I went to take my Halloween decorations out of the closet, I realized I had a small problem... This was my first Halloween Party and I didn't have any! So, I went to work making most of our decorations. Here is what we ended up with.





This skull was on the spare bathroom counter. I bought it from Michaels, and it was brown like paper mache.  I painted two coats of acrylic paint and let that set. Next I glued tin foil in his mouth for teeth... Otherwise known as a Grill...haha. Last I free-hand painted the design, lips, and eyebrows on the skull. I have to say, I was pretty surprised with the final outcome!


All three wood items in this picture were initially brown wood when I bought them. I put two coats of paint on each item, and then painted whatever words came to mind when I was writing.  The left coffin says BEWARE, the the right coffin says HERE LIES JOHN, which I found to be humorous, simply because this was placed on the back of the toilet...in the John.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and considerate when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is accepted. Any comments irrelevant to post or derogatory in nature will be deleted promptly. I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences!